Two open calls for project proposals launched under the Programme
We are happy to announce that two calls for project proposals have been launched under the Interreg Programme Slovenia-Croatia 2021-2027. The Open call for proposals for standard projects under Priorities 1 and 3 (SO 6.2) and the Open call for proposals for standard projects under Priority 2 were published on Friday, 24 March 2023, in the Official Gazette of the Republic of Slovenia and on the dedicated Programme website.
The two calls for proposals aim to co-finance the projects of cross-border cooperation between Slovenia and Croatia that efficiently contribute to the overall objective of the Programme in the programming period 2021-2027. This objective is to achieve a preserved, resilient, and connected cross-border region where sustainable development is recognised and used as a main tool in reaching economic viability, safety, biodiversity protection, and social well-being of all inhabitants. The Programme envisages mutual learning and joint actions to drive the change in its priority areas, to reconnect across the border, to help understand the current joint needs and threats of a rapidly changing reality and to work together to improve resilience and adaptability of people, organisations, and communities so as to make the programme area more green and digital and fit for the future.
The two open calls for proposals for standard projects make a total of EUR 35.5 million in ERDF funding available for co-financing the projects. The Programme operates on the basis of the open call system. This means that applicants can submit project applications continuously after the open call is launched as long as funds are available. The applications that will be received by the set deadlines and will fulfil all the requirements will be submitted to the Monitoring Committee for consideration at the next scheduled meeting.
The first deadline for the submission of project proposals for standard projects is as follows:
- 24 May 2023 at 12:00 (noon) CET for the Open call for project proposals for standard projects under Priorities 1 and 3 (SO 6.2), and
- 21 June 2023 at 12:00 (noon) CET for the Open call for project proposals for standard projects under Priority 2.
The Programme will support standard projects under the following three Priorities and associated specific objectives in the scope of the Open call for project proposals:
Priority 1: A green and adaptive region
- Specific objective 2.4: Promoting climate change adaptation and disaster risk prevention and resilience, taking into account eco-system based approaches
- Specific objective 2.7: Enhancing protection and conservation of nature, biodiversity and green infrastructure, including in urban areas, and reducing all forms of pollution
Priority 2: A resilient and sustainable region
- Specific objective 4.6:Enhancing the role of culture and sustainable tourism in economic development, social inclusion and social innovation
Priority 3: An accessible and connected region
- Specific objective 6.2: Enhancing efficient public administration by promoting legal and administrative cooperation and cooperation between citizens, civil society actors and institutions, in particular with a view to resolving legal and other obstacles in border region
Applicants can submit project applications any time between the opening and closing dates of the Open calls for project proposals for standard projects or as long as funds are available. The applications must be submitted through the Joint electronic monitoring system – Jems.
The Open calls for proposals for standard projects have been published in all three Programme languages, i.e. Slovenian, Croatian and English. The text of the Open calls and the related documentation are available on the following link: Open calls for proposals for standard projects and call-related documentation